Substance Use & Chronic Pain Services
Addiction Clinic In Hamilton
Opioid Addiction Treatment
A Brighter Life in A Matter of Time.
Our Addiction clinic in Hamilton provides a multipronged approach to address the addiction condition. Addiction is a chronic condition that calls for long-term medical attention and treatment. We provide supportive treatment, counselling services, strategies to help prevent relapse, and treatment for other mental health issues.
Sherman Speciality Pharmacy follows a patient centric addiction treatment service. The treatment is uniquely tailored to the person’s needs, severity of the problem, their support network, and their desire or motivation to enter the treatment.
Methadone Treatment Program
Methadone is one of the most powerful medications used to fight the opioid epidemic. It has been well researched, and found to be very effective in managing cravings and withdrawals.
Methadone treatment is provided for patients recovering from opioid dependence at our addiction treatment center in Hamilton. Here are some important information to keep in mind while enrolling in the methadone treatment program.
- Complete adherence to the guidance of the doctors at methadone treatment centres for effective treatment and avoidance of toxicities.
- Methadone treatment may interact with other medications. Ensure your medical history and medications is communicated with the team.
- Contact the doctor if you experience any side effects like constipation, decreased libido, dizziness, drowsiness, dry mouth, flushing, headache, itching, light-headedness, nausea, poor appetite, sweating, trouble sleeping, vomiting or weakness.
Methadone can also be used for chronic pain management.
Suboxone Treatment Program
At Sherman Pharmacy in Hamilton, ON, we offer a Suboxone Treatment Program as part of our opioid addiction management services. Our experienced pharmacists provide personalized care and support to help patients safely and comfortably transition from opioid use to recovery. Our program includes:
- A patient-centered approach to treatment, with tailored plans that address the unique needs and goals of each individual.
- Management of withdrawal symptoms and cravings through the use of Suboxone medication.
- Ongoing support throughout the recovery journey, including regular check-ins with our experienced pharmacists.
If you or a loved one is struggling with opioid addiction, please contact us to learn more about our Suboxone Treatment Program.
Suboxone is also used for the treatment of chronic pain.
What we do?
At Sherman Speciality Pharmacy, we work with a team of doctors who specialize in addiction treatment and pain management. We offer support and assistance to those who are struggling with substance use disorder and chronic pain.
Our substance use disorder and pain clinics provide same day assessments and treatments. Treatment plans are reviewed and modified to fit the patient’s changing needs.
We are currently accepting new patients – no referrals needed.
Making the Diagnosis
Diagnosis for substance use disorder requires a thorough assessment by our doctors at our clinic in Hamilton.
The following indicators may suggest a substance use problem.
- Not able to quit consuming the substance or reduce the amount used.
- Feel anger or get offended when someone comments about the usage of substance.
- Guilt feeling of using the substance.
- Lose the ability to complete obligations at work, school or at home.
- Use of substance first thing in the morning.
- Use of substances to the point of impairment in potentially dangerous situations, such as driving.
Start Your Recovery Today
Our team consists of addiction and pain specialist doctors, pharmacists, mental health specialists and counsellors committed to offer treatments and programs suited to your needs. We can work together to recovery. Book an appointment today to discuss with our doctor and pharmacist about the programs and treatments.
Pain Management Clinic
Expert pain management, personalized for you
Are you one of the millions of Canadians suffering from chronic pain? Whether it’s caused by an injury, a medical condition, or simply the wear and tear of daily life, chronic pain can be debilitating and affect every aspect of your life. That’s why Sherman Pharmacy in Hamilton, ON, offers a comprehensive chronic pain management program to help you find relief and improve your quality of life.
Our Chronic Pain Management Program Includes:
At Sherman Pharmacy, we believe in a multidisciplinary approach to chronic pain management. That’s why we work closely with a team of physicians and healthcare professionals to develop personalized treatment plans that address the underlying causes of your pain and provide effective, long-term relief.
Our pharmacists are experts in pain medication and can work with your doctor to ensure that you are taking the right medication at the right dose, and that you understand how to manage any side effects.
We know that proper nutrition can play a key role in managing chronic pain. That’s why we offer nutrition counseling to help you make healthy food choices that can reduce inflammation and improve your overall health.
Chronic pain can take a toll on your mental health as well as your physical health. Our team of mental health professionals can provide counseling and support to help you manage the emotional effects of chronic pain.
At Sherman Pharmacy, we are committed to helping you find relief from chronic pain. Contact us today to learn more about our chronic pain management program and schedule a consultation with one of our pharmacists or healthcare professionals.